Press Releases
DOLE hands salary share to 55 SPES beneficiaries in Tarlac

 

TARLAC CITY, October 13, 2020 - Some fifty-five (55) student-beneficiaries from Tarlac province received their salaries from the Department of Labor and Employment under its Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES).

 

DOLE Regional Director Ma. Zenaida Angara-Campita reported to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III that the total salary of each SPES beneficiary in Tarlac City is P10,061.80 which they earned after rendering 20-day work on employment facilitation services programmed by the CMDESO. “60% of their total salary was paid by their employer, the City Government of Tarlac, while the remaining 40% was shouldered by DOLE,” RD Campita explained. 

 

The prevailing wage rate, as implemented, is based on the Department of Budget and Management-issued circular while the counterparting on payment of salaries is in accordance with Republic Act 10917.

 

In an interview, DOLE Tarlac head Aurita Laxamana said that in this time of pandemic, the Department’s SPES program is an aid to poor but deserving students to continue their education. “As some companies resort to lay-offs or even totally close, it may be more difficult now for the affected workers to send their children to school. With SPES, DOLE continues to provide assistance not only to retrenched workers, but also to deserving students,” Laxamana mentioned.

 

Meanwhile, the distribution of salaries was facilitated by DOLE Tarlac Labor and Employment Officer III, Peter Jaimond Matulac together with Tarlac City Manpower Development and Employment Office (CMDESO) staff headed by Tarlac Public Employment Service Office (PESO) Manager, Engr. Arnold M. Samson.

 

Tarlac City Mayor Cristy Angeles also graced the event with minimum health and safety protocols in place throughout the salary distribution.

 

For 2020, DOLE Tarlac in partnership with its local government recorded a total of 581 SPES placement reports. Majority have worked during their summer vacation while some are still on-going.

 

 

END/ A. Cunanan with reports from DOLE Tarlac, CMDESO & Tarlac City Information Office

[Back]
[Print]
2020-10-13
ZEN ANGARA-CAMPITA
Welcome to the Official Homepage of the Philippi
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.