Press Releases
DOLE's BikeCINATION project in CL kickstarts in Bulacan

 

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga, September 15, 2021 - Some 10 fully vaccinated individuals from Bulacan received their bicycle-and-cellphone kits under DOLE’s BikeCINATION livelihood project. The distribution held on September 14 at the Provincial Capitol Gym, Malolos, Bulacan was one of the highlights of the province’s celebration of Bulakan Week or the Singkaban Festival

 

According to DOLE-III Regional Director Geraldine Panlilio, this special livelihood project gives an opportunity to economic frontliners or those under the A4 category to start their own businesses. “This project forms part of the government’s continuous effort to encourage and vaccinate more Filipinos, particularly our economic front-liners. As long as you are fully vaccinated and working in the informal sector, you are eligible to apply for this program,” RD Panlilio mentioned. “For Central Luzon, we are allocated 65 beneficiaries initially for the BikeCINATION project,” she furthered. 

 

The first 10 BikeCINATION beneficiaries are from the corresponding 10 municipalities of Bulacan: Malolos, Sta. Maria, Pandi, Bulakan, Bustos, Bocaue, Hagonoy, Calumpit, Baliwag, and Guiguinto. 

 

In her message during the distribution, DOLE Bulacan head May Lynn Gozun recognized the hardships brought by the ongoing pandemic. “Alam po namin ang hirap at mga pagsubok na dinaranas natin ngayon. Nawa’y ang mga naipagkaloob po sa inyo ng DOLE at ng provincial government ng Bulacan ay maging sandata ninyo sa panahong ito. Hiling po namin ang patuloy na pagbangon nating lahat,” Gozun said. (We know the challenges that we all face. And we hope that whatever DOLE and the provincial government of Bulacan have provided you today will be used as your weapon through this time. The recovery of everyone is what we wish for.)

 

Meanwhile, recipients of the said project expressed their gratitude for being one of the first beneficiaries of the BikeCINATION program. “Napakadali po ng naging proseso sa aking paglapit sa PESO at DOLE. Malaking tulong po talaga itong aking natanggap lalo na’t linalakad ko lang ang pagdedeliver ng paninda ko ngayon,” said Lester Liwanag, one of the 10 beneficiaries. Lester sells vegetables and fruits in Brgy. Bagna where he also delivers right at the doorstep of his customers. (The process that I went through with PESO and DOLE was simple and easy. This is indeed a big help since I only walk to deliver the fresh goods that I sell.)

 

Aside from the distribution of bikes, DOLE also awarded various livelihood packages worth P5 million to 475 Bulakeños and released the 10-day salary (P4,200 for 10 days) of 226 worker-beneficiaries under the TUPAD emergency employment program. 

 

50 student-beneficiaries also received their salaries equivalent for 20 days of work. Each received a total of 10,501 of which 40% is from DOLE while the other 60% is funded by the Provincial Government of Bulacan.##

 

END/ A. Cunanan

[Back]
[Print]
2021-09-15
GERALDINE PANLILIO
Welcome to the Official Homepage of the Philipp
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.