Press Releases
DOLE's SPES benefits over 3,200 Kapampangan students


City of San Fernando, PAMPANGA, February 21, 2022 - The Department of Labor and Employment on Saturday released the salaries of 3,233 beneficiaries of the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES). The payout was held on February 19 at the Bren Z. Guiao Sports Complex, City of San Fernando, Pampanga. 

According to DOLE-III Regional Director Geraldine Panlilio, a total of Php 33,949,733.00 was distributed to 3,233 student-beneficiaries from all municipalities of Pampanga. “40% of their salary is covered by DOLE while the other 60% is from the respective LGU. Each grantee for this batch worked for 20 days and received a total of P10,501.00,” Panlilio explained.

Angelica Arcenal, one of the grantees of the program, expressed her gratitude to DOLE for giving aid to her studies and her parents. She is currently an education student at Don Honorio Ventura State University in Lubao. 

Nalaman ko po ang SPES mula sa isang kakilala na nanghikayat na ako ay mag-apply,” Angelica mentioned. “Sa programa, ako ay nakatulong sa aking mga magulang sa gastusin sa aking pag-aaral. Lalo na po ngayon, education student po ako; kailangan namin ng mga materyales para i-print at ipakita sa mga bata ang learning materials. Dahil dito (sa SPES), hindi nako palagi humihingi ng panggastos sa aking magulang,” she added. 

[I learned of SPES from someone I knew who then encouraged me to apply. In this program, I was able to help my parents and support my school needs. As an education student, I needed materials to print and show the children I teach. Hence,  thanks to the program, I no longer ask for money from my parents.]

Another SPES beneficiary was Mark Renier Dela Cruz who is also grateful for being one of the beneficiaries especially during his last year in college. “Napakalaking tulong po ng SPES sa akin at sa aking pag-aaral. Halimbawa, mayroon akong kailangan na bagay na kailangan sa school, hindi na po ako hihingi sa aking mga magulang upang mapunan po ang mga bagay na ‘yun,” Renier said. [SPES is a great help for me and my studies. In times when I need to buy things from school, I no longer ask from my parents.]

Renier is one of the 115 student-beneficiaries from the town of Apalit. Beneficiaries from Arayat (143), Bacolor (78), Candaba (96), Floridablanca (90), Guagua (287), Lubao (348), Mabalacat City (50), Macabebe (85), Magalang (171), Masantol (58), Mexico (330), Minalin (136), Porac (120), City of San Fernando (456), San Luis (168), San Simon (126), Sta. Ana (104), Sta. Rita (112), Sto. Tomas (118) and Sasmuan (42) were also present to receive their salaries. 

The distribution of salaries was led by DOLE-III OIC-Assistant Regional Director Alejandro Inza Cruz and DOLE Pampanga head Arlene Tolentino with the assistance of the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) and LGU

While on the 20-day program, the assigned work of the said beneficiaries included data collection for community surveys and census, vegetable planting and gardening, and serving as tutors to kids in their community. ##


END/A. Cunanan and DOLE Pampanga

[Back]
[Print]
2022-02-21
GERALDINE PANLILIO
Welcome to the Official Homepage of the Philipp
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.